- Slack Workflow Builder (Requires Slack Pro Plan or higher) - Slack Workspace Admin permissions (ability to install Apps and configure Workflows) - Salesforce Org Admin Permissions
Step 1 Install Centro Slack App
Click Add to Slack, make sure you pick the correct workspace:
Step 2 Connect to Salesforce
- In Slack, navigate to Apps->CentroApp -> Home tab, if Centro is not in the Apps section, click Add Apps andsearch Centro" - Click Salesforce Setup and Connect toSalesforce (this links your Slack & Salesforce user logins). Each user performs this step, once. - Click Automation User Setup and set your automation user (usually an admin). This is useful for allowing non-Salesforce licensed user to create Cases. Note: only the admin needs to set the automation user, once.
Step 3 Install Centro Salesforce App
- Click to install in your Salesforce Production or Sandbox below - You'll need to install in the same org you connect to in Step 2
Step 4 Setup Centro Salesforce App
- Navigate to the Centro App in the Salesforce Org you just installed in Step 3. Validate that it shows as Connected to the Slack Workspace you installed to in Step 1.
- Setup User Permissions: Salesforce Setup-> Permission Sets - Centro User: Add users that will use Centro - Centro Admin: Add users that will administer Centro Note: Admins need both Centro Admin & User Permissions - Assign Centro Licenses: Salesforce Setup->Installed Packages->Centro - Manage Licenses->Assign to Users and Admins similar to User permissions above
Step 5 Add the Centro Embedded Slack Component to the Case Page Layout
- Open any Case Record in Salesforce - Click the Gear Icon->Edit Page to open Lightning Designer
- Search for Centro in the Component Search, then drag the Centro Linked Conversations component onto the page (find a visible area at the top of the page) - Save and Activate the Page
Step 6 Import Sample Template to Slack Workflow Builder for Slack-to-Case
- Download sample template below, then launch Slack Workflow Builder (Workspace Header->Tools->Workflow Builder, see animation below) and select Import.
- Open the imported workflow - Edit the "Start from" step to use an existing channel in your workspace (we recommend creating a #centro_test Channel) - Edit the Submit Case Form step to add the Case fields from your Salesforce org. Hint: watch the Configuring Fields on Centro Forms (7 min) - Edit the Post a Salesforce Record step as follows:
Step 8 Publish and Test
- Click Publish to activate your Slack Workflow - Test the workflow from your defined channel in step 7 (#centro_test) by clicking the Slack Shortcut "+" menu in the message editor - Click Open Form, fill it out and press Save The Case Record Block will post to the channel. You may comment on the newly created thread, upload Files to Salesforce, and Edit the case, all from Slack
Step 9 Customize the Record Block
The Centro Record Block is an all-in-one Slack Component that allows: - Record Editing - Customization of Fields and related lists - Creation of Custom Buttons - Change owner, update status, and more! Customize the Case Record block as you see fit:
Step 10 Review Case in Salesforce
- Click the Case Number field in the Record Block to open the case in Salesforce - Click the Case Case Thread line in the Centro Linked Conversations component. Agents can post messages to the linked Slack Thread without leaving Salesforce (including emoji reactions!) - Verify the file uploaded from Slack has been saved as a File Note: Users may be prompted to authenticate to Slack in order to post message from Salesforce. This is a one-time authorization